Wednesday, January 9

Review: Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

I wasn't sure that I would like this book.  To be honest, with a name like Wallbanger, I just wasn't sure what I was going to get and the reviews were a little mixed.  I mean, a girl who has an issue with her neighbor because he has sex so loud that he actually bangs stuff off the wall?  With different women?  And the main character falls for him?  Really?  People either loved it or gave an "eh".  

For me, it was AWESOME!  I am a dialogue girl.  Give me good dialogue and funny, witty banter and I will keep reading.  This books was all about the funny, all about the witty, and all about the banter. 

With a title like Wallbanger, and a story about a woman who has lost her O, a neighbor who bangs the walls during sex, and them getting together, you would think this would be an erotic romance.  No, not really.  Oh, there were a couple of steamy scenes, but they weren't until the end of the book, and they weren't anything you wouldn't find in any other normal contemporary romance.  For me it was more sweet than steamy. 

There were some scenes that make you say, cliche.  Like 3 girlfriends falling for 3 guy friends. Everyone pairing up and staying friends. But hey, it is a fiction novel.  And they even state that seems far fetched and would only happen in a novel.  I didn't let that detract from the comedy of the book.  

Overall, this book was great.  I will be looking for other books by Alice Clayton and recommending it to my sister.  I know that she will enjoy it as much as I did.  I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top