Monday, April 1

Review: Mountain Echoes by C.E. Murphy

This is officially the 8th novel in the Walker Papers series.  However, there are 2 novellas available in print and many short stories that were released via the Kickstarter campaign the author did for No Dominion #7.5, otherwise known as Gary's Story. I first discovered Ms. Murphy when I picked up Urban Shaman due to the cover and then was hooked on the blurb.  I have been following this series fanatically ever since and this book has been my long awaited payoff.  The history, hinted at since the very beginning, of Joanne Walker's adolescence and the child she gave up for adoption.  If you haven't read any of the other books in the series, stop reading this and go get started.  Right Now!

This story opens on Joanne, arriving in North Carolina fresh from Ireland and the end of book 7.  Well, not fresh so much, as jet lagged, tired, cranky and not happy to be back in North Carolina and facing her past.  But her father is missing and it looks like Joanne may be the only one to find him.

If you missed Morrison in the last book, fear not, he has a large and thrilling part in this one.  This is the book I have been waiting for since reading Urban Shaman all those years ago.  So many questions are answered and truths are told, that I know I will have to reread it just to make sure that I didn't miss anything.  Especially as the next book, Shaman Rising, is reputed to be the end of the series.

I am giving this book 5 stars on Goodreads.  It had so much in it, so, so much that I sat spellbound as I read.  When I finished, I was so overwhelmed with everything that happened in this book, I had to wait to start another.  Just to take the time to really process everything that I had gone through with Joanne and Morrison.   Simply Amazing.


Joanne Walker has survived an encounter with the Master at great personal cost, but now her father is missing - stolen from the timeline. She must finally return to North Carolina to find him - and to meet Aidan, the son she left behind long ago.

That would be enough for any shaman to face, but Joanne's beloved Appalachians are being torn apart by an evil reaching forward from the distant past. Anything that gets in its way becomes tainted - or worse.

And Aidan has gotten in the way.

Only by calling on every aspect of her shamanic powers can Joanne pull the past apart and weave a better future. It will take everything she has - and more.

Unless she can turn back time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top