Saturday, May 11

Book Blogger Hop May 11th



Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week a question is asked and we bloggers answer.

This week's question  is asked by Tanya from Girlxoxo blog.

Question:
What was the last book you re-read? Or name a book you would like to re-read.
Answer:
I have 2 series that are my go-to re-reads.  The In Death series by J.D. Robb and the Pride series by Shelly Laurenston.

I have read and reread and listened to all the books so far in the In Death series.  There is something about them that just keeps me going back.  Many times I will grab a specific book out and look up one particular scene because something brought it to mind and I want to refresh it.  The next thing I know, it 3 am and I have reread the book.

As for the Pride series, the latest one out is almost always my newest favorite.  They just make me laugh.  So whenever I need a good chuckle or giggle, I know that I can grab one and turn to just about any page and within a few minutes I will be having a good time.

Do you have a book you that you keep going back to?  If yes, is it for a particular mood that it puts you in, because it is thought provoking or is there another reason?



5 comments:

  1. I know that J.D. Robb is a pen name for Nora Roberts, but I've never heard of the IN DEATH series. As for the PRIDE series, it's totally unfamiliar to me, as is the author.
    Heck, what do we have Goodreads for? I'll go over at once and find out more about these books! If they affect you so much that you feel you must re-read them over and over, then I've got to check them out for myself!
    Happy Reading, and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you to! If you love Nora Roberts, you will love her In Death series under the pen name J.D. Robb. As for the Pride series, it always amazes me that more people don't know about Shelly Laurenston. She is just such a good writer who has created these memorable characters who live on in your mind. I hope you get a chance to check them out and come to love them as much as I have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! Oh, I´ll definitely check then both out!! I´m glad you mentioned them! Come take a look at my answer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Shelley Laurenston, she is so funny; I've had a great time reading her Magnus pack series. I need to catch up with the last couple of books she's written. I still haven't tried J. D. Robb, but I do enjoy Nora Roberts, both her romance and her romantic suspense, so I'm guessing, when time allows I'll like the In Death series too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, if you liked the Magnus pack you will be thrilled to hear that we get some cameos of the girls in various later books of the Pride series. I love getting those sneak peeks into the lives of characters who have had their HEA. And Ms. Laurenston does an excellent job of showing us our favorite characters through the eyes of new people so that hidden traits can suddenly be revealed in those we thought we knew.


    Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top