Monday, May 27

Quote-Tastic: Jim. Rawr.




This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.









The world dissolved, swirling into a thousand bokeh, blurry little lights in every color of the rainbow.

Pretty colors.

Ooooh, so pretty.

Mmm, pretty, pretty.

So many scents. I liked that one, and this one, and this other one was kind of disgusting, and this one made me hungry.

I licked my lips. Mmm. Yummy smell, so good.

The bokeh slowly came into focus: I was lying in a street. Hmmm. I knew this street. This was South Asia.

Why was I here?

I looked down. On the pavement in front of me, right between my two paws, was a single word: Jim.

Jim. My handsome, awesome, scary Jim. Rawr. I smiled and sniffed the name. It didn’t smell like Jim.




Available at the following retailers: 
Amazon     B&N     Sony



This is from Jim & Dali's story, otherwise known as Magic Dreams or number 4.5 in the Kate Daniels series.  In this scene, Dali has just shifted into her White Tiger form and is on the hunt for some answers.

Do you have a book or series that sticks in your head months, even years later?

Check out some of the other Quote-Tastic Monday picks.



6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I was going to say, this must be a first shift scene! I love it :) I just love the first shifts, when everything is new :) This one sounds especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. I did not know this one existed Judy. Like not at all. I love it and I am off to hunt it down!! Thank you!! And yes that is totally girly *squeeing* you're hearing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read this series. Everyone just loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not Dali's first shift, but it is the first one in this story and the first one seen through her thoughts. (Dali has some small issues regarding regaining her memory and realizing where she is when she shifts.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this was first done in the Anthology Hexed with Yasmine Galenorn, Allyson James and Jeanne C. Stein. I will admit that I got it mainly for the Ilona Andrews story, but I like the other authors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do. You really, really do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top