Monday, May 20

Quote-Tastic: You're My Best Friend



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.



Here is a scene between Kate Daniels and her best friend, Andrea Nash in book 5 of the Kate Daniels series.  This series is full of great moments such as this one.  Which is why it remains one of my go to series for the best dialogue ever.

 “What happened to your face?”

“She made me leave,” Andrea said through clenched teeth.

I glanced at her.

“Aunt B. We needed to have the talk. Oh no, she couldn’t wait to have that talk. She had to have it right away, so she could explain to me in detail how I needed to become one of her girls. I shouldn’t have gone, but I wanted to avoid a fight in front of the children. We sat at Mona’s and ate pie, while the render tore the kids apart, so her ego would be satisfied. I told her this. You know what she said? She said it was my fault because if I had run over like a good little bouda when she first called me, we wouldn’t be in this mess. So I slapped her.”

“What?”

“When we got to the Keep and I found out about Julie, I walked up and slapped Aunt B in the face. In front of everyone.”

Holy crap. “Have you lost your mind?”

“You should’ve seen the look on her. It was worth it.” Andrea threw me a defiant glance. “Then her face went all psycho. The old bitch backhanded me. I don’t actually remember being hit. I just remember rolling down the stairs. I guess she knocked me off the landing. She is fucking strong.” A crazy light sparked in Andrea’s eyes. “I’d do it again. I’ll make it my mission in life to take her down.”

And people said I was nuts.

Andrea raised her hand. “This is the hand that slapped Aunt B.”

“Maybe you should have it gold-plated.”

“Here, you can touch it, since you’re my best friend.”


Available at the following retailers: 

Amazon     B&N     Sony


Do you have a book or series that sticks in your head months, even years later?  



9 comments:

  1. Bwahaha I love it! That's one of my favorite series and gah I had so forgotten that scene! I so need to get back to it and do a re-read sometimes. It's been way too long. It really does have some amazing moments. Thanks for joining in this week Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was torn between this scene and the strawberry shortcake pony scene. It is going to be berry, berry (*wink*) hard not to just keep choosing scenes from this series. But I see no problem with choosing from each book, no? *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I love Ilona Andrews :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! I've not read this author, but I like this scene. It has some snark and badassery, which always rates high in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you really should read this whole series then. You would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't they awesome? One of my abso-favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm several books behind in this series. What the heck have I missed? :D That took some serious guts on Andrea's part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you should really catch up soon. The new Kate Daniels book, Magic Rises, comes out the end of July. It's gonna be AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top