Saturday, June 15

Book Blogger Hop June 15th



Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week a question is asked and we bloggers answer.

This week's question  is asked by Tanya from GirlXOXO blog.

Question:

What is your favorite genre? (genre that you read the most) - Recommend a book!


Answer:

Another hard question!

As a book lover, there is very little that I don't read in one form or another.  I will say that I tend to stay away from Stephen King/Dean Koontz style Horror and the Teen Drama Trauma of YA.  Otherwise, I just have the hard and fast rule of not wanting to cry during the book.  Sad books or movies that I know will make me cry are auto-banned. I know I am female, but there you have it.  I don't like to cry. *shrugs*

For me, the best books are the ones that cross genres.  You know the Romantic Thrillers with Urban Fantasy elements, the Cozy Mystery with Paranormal Romance elements, the Science Fiction Adventure with Western elements...  Oh wait, that's a tv show/movie,  lol, my bad. Personally, the harder it is to pigeon hole the book, the more I want to read it and will probably enjoy it.

As far as a recommendation:  The Katherine "Kitty" Katt series by Gini Koch is one of my new favorites.  Seriously if you haven't read any of them, go find Touched by an Alien and give it a try.  It was like a cross between Stephanie Plum and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. There is craziness all over the place with good aliens and bad aliens thrown in.  The best part?  The soundtrack that the Kitty has every time she is fighting the bad guys.  If you love good dialogue and non stop action you will enjoy this book.


Do you have one genre you prefer over another?  Tell me about and give me a recommendation.  

6 comments:

  1. I have heard great things about Hitchhiker's Guide, it's on my to eventually read list.

    Old Follower -- Reading your stuff, I think you might like my book I am re-releasing July 3rd. It will be a free read from July 3rd through 5th, Blood Purple is the first book inside the Blood Series. It is a mix between science fiction and paranormal.

    My blog post: http://ashleynemer.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-is-your-favorite-genre-genre-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have favorites...good you enjoy many genres.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth

    Silver's Reviews

    My
    Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, my reading as well as my music tastes are really dictated by my moods. Good thing I have so many! lol


    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will give it a look see.Thanks for the heads up and the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Katherine Katt series sounds like something I would like... I will have to check it out.
    It's hard to pick a genre because I love so many different styles but I typically write romance with fantasy, paranormal elements with of course alpha male and head strong female characters. So I would say paranormal is my favorite genre, right now.... oneshttp://stacymoran.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.


    I love the fact that paranormal can mix and match with so many other genres.


    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top