Saturday, June 1

Book Blogger Hop June 1st



Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week a question is asked and we bloggers answer.

This week's question  is asked by Tanya from GirlXOXO blog.

Question:


What is your favorite series that you've finished all the books (more than 3 books) to?


Answer:


Oh boy.

I love series and I have read so many that are really good.  From the Myth, Inc series by Robert Lynn Asprin back when I was in high school through Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series today, there is just something about them that pulls me in.  There are so many that I could name as favorites during different times in my life.  Jennifer Roberson's Tiger and Del series or Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality or Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Series or even Lora Leigh's Breeds.  My abso-go-to-for-a-laugh books, the Pride series by Shelly Laurenston is always a favorite.  And of course, there is no leaving out J.D. Robb's In Death series... all 45 books of it.

But my current favorite would have to Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels' series.  I have read all the books, the novellas and all the Curran POV shorts.  There has been re-reading involved.... 5 or 6 times, but who's counting?  Not me, that's for sure.



What is one of your favorite series?

10 comments:

  1. I read a couple of books from Anthony's Immortality series a few years ago. I remember they were quite addictive, too. But then other books came into my life....not enough time, as you know! Gotta get back to that series!!
    I recently discovered the Kate Daniels series, and want to start on that one, as well. I LOVE kick-butt heroines!!
    Thanks for sharing, and....Happy Reading!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I love the Kate Daniels series. I have been addicted since the first book. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. It's always nice to find a new convert. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome! And I'm sure I'll love this series! The covers are all AWESOME! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. .New follower via bloglovin... Hamilton is actually on my "Series I never finished" list.. I just couldn't stand that about 6 or so books in, you couldn't even TELL that Anita had ever been a necromancer. The story degraded to badly into just being about sex that I just couldn't read any more of it.

    I heard that she did that on purpose because she was sick of writing the Blake series.... but I've no idea if that's true or not.

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/05/book-blogger-hop-and-feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. At this point in the Anita Blake series I am basically just trying to ride it out to the end. I will say that the last book was much more reminiscent of her butt kicking books with Edward. I love me some Edward! My thoughts are that Ms. Hamilton has finally reached saturation with the adding more men to Anita's plate and we can get back to the Federal Marshall-esque aspects that I really enjoy.


    Thanks for following and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only series from your list is the J D Robb one that I am familiar with. I am an early reader on those, only up to the 7th one, so have many to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, those early books in the series. What fond memories I have of them. Many of them I still go back and reread from time to time because they were just that awesome. Hope you continue to enjoy them as much as I have.


    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of any of these books. THANKS for sharing your answer.

    I am late with my visit, but better late than never, right? :)

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please, check them out. Don't forget that your local library is a fantastic source of books. Using the World Cat catalog, you can order books from just about anywhere in the US. So even if your local library doesn't carry a book, doesn't mean you won't get to enjoy it.


    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one of the main reasons that I love hops like this - finding new books! Who doesn't love that?


    Thanks for stopping by, even late. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top