Monday, June 3

Quote-Tastic: We Drugged Your Love Muffin



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.









I had excellent reaction time.  That's why I didn’t run Andrea through with my saber when she barged into my office. Instead I dropped Slayer a fraction of a second after I’d grasped it and sat up slowly. Best friend, no kill.

Andrea glared at me. “You’re here!”

“Where else would I be?”

She shut the door. “You have no idea.”

“My apartment is in shambles. I stopped by your place, but you were gone, so I came here. It’s safe and warm and there is coffee.”

“You were at Jim’s last night.”

“Yes. Jennifer and Aunt B were about to have a fight and I made my escape. Normally I would’ve paid money to see something like that, but I had to go and get my dog. Where is my spawn of hell, by the way?”

“He was scratching by the door, and I let him out. That’s how I knew you were here.” Andrea shook her head. “After you left, Doolittle broke up the fight. Eventually everyone calmed down enough to realize you’d taken off. Doolittle wigged out because he’d loaded your tea with sedative and he thought you would pass out somewhere in the snow. Both the wolves and the boudas have been combing the snowdrifts for hours looking for you.”

I picked up a book and bumped my forehead on it a few times. Why me? Why?

“And nobody thought to call here and check?”

“Jim called, but Maxine told him that you weren’t here and she would give you the message when your shift started.”

Of course. Standard policy of the Order meant that when a knight was off, she was off, unless it was an emergency. Otherwise knights tended to work themselves into complete exhaustion.

I concentrated. “Maxine?”

“She is out. Ted dragged her off to some meeting. There is nobody here but you, me, and Mauro.”

“What meeting?”

“I have no idea.” Andrea waved her arms. “Kate!”

“What?”

“Focus. Jennifer, Aunt B, and Doolittle are going to tell Curran this morning.”

Hi, Your Majesty, we drugged your love muffin and then let her walk out into the dark, in the snow. Her apartment is destroyed and we’re not sure where she is . . . “He’ll need a lot of metal plates.”

“What?”

“Never mind. It’s not my job to comply with Aunt B’s body guarding. I didn’t agree to it.”

Andrea leaned toward me and spoke very slowly and clearly. “You need to call the Beast Lord. Before he skins my boyfriend’s mother, if at all possible.”

I dragged myself to the desk and picked up the phone. Call the Beast Lord. Right.

Trouble was, I wasn’t sure the Beast Lord and I were okay.

I dialed the Keep.



Available at the following retailers: 
Amazon     B&N     Sony


In this scene Andrea Nash finds Kate Daniels in her office at the Order.  The night before, Kate had been bandaged up after a clash between herself and her Aunt Erra that was interrupted by the Pack.

Do you have a book or series that sticks in your head months, even years later?   

Check out some of the other Quote-Tastic Monday picks.

8 comments:

  1. I just love that he's the Beast Lord. For some reason that just tickles me. It's torture wanting to go back and re-read these and not having the time right now. Man you make me want to though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the time of my life going through looking for my favorite lines. Just think, the end of July is right around the corner and then Magic Rises will be out. *Kermit arm waving* YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I didn't realize that! Woot! Alright I gotta get serious about my review pile so I can jump on that right when it releases!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read that series before, but it looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You haven't read Ilona Andrews? O.O *claps hands* A chance for a new convert! Yeah!

    If you would like to check out some of their (husband/wife team) work, they have a short story for free on Smashwords called Questing Beast . It would give you a small taste of how they write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so behind in this series but this is an excellent quote.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top