Saturday, July 27

Book Blogger Hop July 27th



Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week a question is asked and we bloggers answer.

This week's question  is asked by Elizabeth from Silver's Review blog.

Question:


How do you organize your books to be read?


Answer:


For ebooks, I love the Calibre Library system. I simply added a column I call Status and mark the book TBR. Once I have read it, I clear it out. I tend to use that for the long term books that I want to read. For the ones that I am reading to review, I just put them on my ereader. Calibre is fantastic for keeping my ereader clean and tidy. About once a week, I go in and remove the books I have read and add any new ones that are coming up due. It really helps to keep me on track.

As far as print books, I have a couple piles that I rearrange as the mood strikes me. I really don't have as many print books as e-books any longer. Unless a book is by one of my "keeper" authors, I place it on Paperbackswap.com to find it a new home.


How do you keep your TBR piles organized?


6 comments:

  1. Will have to check out Calibre Library. Sounds interesting.

    I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep my books in the order I need to read them.

    Stop by for my full, organized answer if you like. :)

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually use Calibre but I'm not familiar with what your saying, can you pls give me some instructions on how you do that? It sounds so much more "organised" than the way I use Calibre :( Calibre is a fantastic tool and I love it! The best book management tool I've come across to date.

    My Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you right click on the column heading, there are more options available. One of those options is Add You Own Columns. I simply added one I call Status and put it where I wanted it. Then, just as you can click on the column heading to sort by that column, I can quickly sort out my TBRs and see them in all together. It's one of the reasons that Calibre is so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually found out about the Calibre system in a post on Paperbackswap.com and have been in love with it since I downloaded it. They are constantly doing updates to the program, but you determine if you want to download the update or not. It recognizes all major and minor brands of ereaders. The absolute best part? It converts books from one format to another, such as a mobi file to epub. Which is great for some of the books off sites like the Gutenberg Project. I hope you find it as wonderful to use as I have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and suggesting the Google Calendar. I do use the calendar feature, but never thought of using it for my books.


    THANKS for the tip.


    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Judy, I'll try and work on it, because I've heard so many more fantastic uses for Calibre, at the moment I just use it as an intermediary spot and organiser for my Nook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top