Monday, July 8

Quote-Tastic: Big Undead Jerk



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.















“Drusilla,” he said, his voice sliding from anger to sarcasm. “Why must you use your magic to bind me like a prisoner, and make your silly little figures on the ground? Your Gerald simply points a finger at me and sends me back to the Beyond.”

One corner of his mouth edged upward in a sly smile. “You must be a very poor wizard. That is a good thing to remember when we next meet.”

Big undead jerk.

“I’m just a different kind of wizard.” I stopped working and treated him to a saccharine smile.

“Besides, if I were so weak, you wouldn’t be stuck in that chair like a big old Jean Lafitte statue, would you?”



Available at the following retailers:  

Amazon     B&N     Sony     Kobo     OmniLit

I just started this series after hearing many good things about it.  Let's just say that it has my attention so far. LOL

In this scene, Drusilla has just managed to trick Jean Lafitte into drinking an immobilization potion in preparation of sending him back to the Beyond. 


Do you have a book or series that sticks in your head months, even years later?   


Check out some of the other Quote-Tastic Monday picks.



15 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this series for awhile now but I just keep passing it over. Looks like I'll be adding these to my summer reading list. Great quote!

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about this series. I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL nice. I haven't tried her before. Sounds like it could be a fun one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, good one! I've never heard of this one. Have to put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice One, she sounds like a fun and strong character. :)

    Checkout mine at http://gatewaytodifferentworld.blogspot.in/2013/07/quote-tastic-1-forever-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought this book. Now I'm even more looking forward to starting it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good quote. Love the cover never seen this before.

    My Quote-Tastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't gotten very far in it, but so far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying it and can't wait to see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read this author before either, but I really enjoyed an interview I read with her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't either until I read a interview with the author. It intrigued me enough to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, glad I could give you a sneek preview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Believe it or not it was an interview with the author and not the cover that caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOh, I like the sound of that one. And the heroine sounds snarky, I just love that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top