Saturday, September 7

Book Blogger Hop September 7th



Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week a question is asked and we bloggers answer.

This week's question  is asked by Judy from Musings and Ramblings blog. (Hey, that's ME!!!)

Question:


What got you started as a blogger? Everyone has a story/reason, what's yours?


Answer:


I originally got started blogging several years ago.  I started a diary blog of my adventures while playing an online multiplayer game.  While blogging, I found several other bloggers who also played the game.  When I took a break from the game, I also took a break from blogging.

One of the players that I met online kept telling me that I needed to get back into blogging.  And I did miss it, just not enough to go back to chronicling my adventures in the game.  So I tried chronicling my life and using a program that gave you blogging ideas each day.  It was during this time that I became unemployed and my life really wasn't worth blogging about.

Then last fall, I discovered book blogs and followed several hops and had a blast doing so.  While following these blogs, I decided to give blogging another try, this time focusing on my first passion - reading.  Since I still had my old blog just sitting there, I re-purposed it and started doing book reviews.  The first couple of months was spotty and haphazard, but then one day I got my first follower.  I was walking on air!!

Then I found a book tour and realized that I could get books to review for Free.  Soon I was reworking my blog, trying new things and blogging most everyday.  I can't believe how far I have come in just 8 months and I can't imagine where I will be in another 8.

I have to say that I have found the book blogging community to be one of the nicest around.  They have been incredibly helpful and supportive.  You couldn't find a nicer group of people and believe me I have looked!   
 


Thanks for stopping by!  Feel free to ask me a question.  I might even answer. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Judith
    So far it sound like your journey in blogging has been a delightful one. I know what you felt like when that first person followed your blog. That feeling still drives me to try new things and have fun with my blog.
    Here's my answer
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/09/book-blogger-hop-11-september-6th-12th.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I admit to still getting giddy whenever I see a new follower. It makes me want to try that much harder to have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...book bloggers are the BEST.

    So glad you joined the community.

    Happy Hopping!!
    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top