Wednesday, September 25

Waiting on Wednesday September 25th


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.


Buried Leads by LynDee Walker



When an Armani-clad corpse turns up in the woods, crime reporter Nichelle Clarke smells a scoop. A little digging, and Nichelle uncovers a web of corruption that stretches all the way to Washington, D.C. Politics. Murder. And a dead lobbyist. It's everything Nichelle's ever dreamed of.

The cops are playing it close, the feds even closer, and Nichelle’s afraid her boss will assign the story to the political desk any day. Richmond’s new ATF SuperCop makes an arrest before she can say “Louboutin,” but Nichelle’s gut says he’s got the wrong guy.

Her sexy Mafia boss friend warns her off the case, her TV rival is hot on her designer heels, an ambitious copy editor wants her beat, and victims are piling up faster than she can track them down. As Nichelle zeroes in on the truth, it’ll take some fancy footwork to nab this headline before the killer nabs her.

Release Date: October 15, 2013


Why This book?

I am cheating on this bone, just a little.  I am actually hosting a Review & Guest Post of this book on October 15th, release day.  Which means, I will have read it before that day.  But since this was the next book in my line up, and if I hadn't signed up to host a tour stop, I would be waiting for it to come out just like everybody else.  The first book in the series was fabulous, and I have no doubts that this one will be equally great. 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. A little bit of mystery and romance and some hot cops, what's not to like?!

    Here’s my
    WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I hope this lives up to your expectations if it's next on the pile! Have fun with it. Thanks for sharing honey, this is a new title for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Hope you get to read it soon!

    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly!!! I loved the first book in this series, so I am sure it will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will! I reviewed the first book in the series, check it out, you mind hear something that gives you a reason to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! Thank you! And thanks for the lovely review, too -- so glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top