Monday, February 24

Quote-Tastic: Lightning Struck Twice



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.


Everyone is welcome to join in: Readers, Bloggers & Authors.

Just grab the button and link back to Herding Cats and Burning Soup.



Stuck On You by Cheryl Harper


She laughed and turned to make a prudent retreat but he wrapped his hand around her wrist to stop her. “You know, Lola, you were the only one I wanted to see me tonight anyway. I’m pretty happy with the outcome of the evening.”

“Lola? I don’t think that works for me.” She looked down at her hand in his and her fingers curled.

“I like it. Of course, now I’ll sing ‘Copacabana’ in my head every time I see you. The feathers in your hair don’t help.” His thumb swept back and forth over the pulse in her wrist and Laura felt a shiver work its way up her spine. “Thank God this isn’t the Copa, right? We might fall in love.”

Their eyes locked and it was hard to breathe. The faux celebrities and the buzz of the dining room disappeared and for a minute all she could hear was the pounding of her heart. As she watched the small smile on KT’s face turn serious, Laura wanted to pull her hand back, but more than that she wanted to move closer. And most of all, she wanted to be a brave showgirl, one who might seize her chance with KT Masters.

“Hey, can I get some help up here?” At Lucky’s slurred shout, Laura stepped back and regretted losing the connection immediately.

Marcy yelled back. “I’m coming, hold your horses.”

Laura was frozen in place. KT’s mouth quirked. “The moment ruined by the world’s smallest alcoholic Elvis.”

Laura rubbed her forehead. “Thank God for the world’s smallest alcoholic Elvis.”

“Were you wondering how your uniform would look balled up next to my bed too?”

Laura sighed. “That’s got to be the world’s worst pickup line. Does it ever work?

He shrugged. “Never tried it, but it got such a good laugh at lunch I thought I’d take my chances, see if lightning struck twice.”



I actually won a signed copy of this book from the author herself sometime last year. I finally got a chance to read it and it was a sweet little romantic comedy. There wasn't tons of steam and smexy, but the attitude and character development were excellent. This series seems to be set up so that each book features a different couple, so HEAs are a guarantee at the end of each.  That also means that each could be read as a stand alone, but that takes all the fun out of getting to know the secondary characters. So far there are 2 more books set in the the Rock 'n' Rolla Hotel and I can't wait to catch up with the characters in the new books.

Take a chance on love in the limelight with Cheryl Harper's fun and flirty new series set in the wacky Elvis-themed Rock'n'Rolla Hotel.

Big shot producer KT Masters never apologizes. Especially not to showgirl waitresses. But when he tears Laura Charles's feathered costume and she gives him a piece of her mind, it sets him aflame. In fact, between Laura's feisty temper and how damn good she looks in that little number, KT wouldn't mind seeing a lot more of that costume . . . balled up next to his bed, that is.

Despite KT's arrogant attitude, Laura can't help but be drawn to him. And when he offers her the fling of a lifetime—a week spent in his gorgeou celebrity arms—she's willing to play along . . . just so long as her heart stays out of it.

But as things heat up between them, going back to the way things were isn't so easy. Could their passion be the real thing . . . or just a vacation from reality?


Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     ARe

12 comments:

  1. cute...love the last line, too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a cute read. Sometimes its nice to take a break with a fun, light read. :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds so cute and that doggie's expression on the cover is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, all the covers of this series have the hound dog on them. It's not Elvis without a little Hound Dog after all!

      Delete
  3. Sounds fun. Have fun reading the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to get them all in actual dead tree version since I can't take me e-reader to work for lunch and breaks. *grumble grumble grumble*

      Delete
  4. LOL sounds like fun. I've had her on my tbr pile for a while now. Need to get on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was the same with me. Worked really well since my work won't let us have an electronics on the property, so if I want to read, it has to be dead tree version.

      Delete
  5. That was funny! It'll have to go on the ever growing TBR!

    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole book had these cute little zingers throughout. Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  6. Here I take great information, I am a good reader and blog reading me hobby. Basically I am a wondered for good knowledge here and there this blog very sportive for me every point of view.
    wholesale Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this author before but this seems cute and funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top