Sunday, March 30

Audio Review: Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill



Twice Bitten is the third book in the Chicagoland Vampire series and picks up almost immediately following the events at the end of book 2.  Merit has been receiving these red envelopes with hinting at an invitation to some thing special. I admit that I had this crazy thought that they were some kind of invitation to the Raves that they had been investigating. Turns out I was way wrong. Turns out, Merit has been invited to join the historic Red Guard, the secret police of the Vampire Masters. She is flabbergasted by the invitation, especially with how new she is and with her loyalties still forming in her mind, she requests some time to think about the offer.

When Gabriel, the Apex of the North American Shifters requests Ethan and especially Merit to be part of the security for the up coming pack meetings and massive event called the Convocation. This put Merit and Ethan neck deep in shifter politics.  All the while dealing with a break up with her semi-kinda boyfriend Morgan, a fight with her best friend Mallory and the confusing feeling growing between herself and Ethan.

This book took us deeper into the Vampire world, gave us more insight into the Shifter world, let Merit start using all that training she has been getting, thrilled those rooting from a Ethan/Merit pairing then broke our hearts and ended with a bang. I was so much happier with where this book versus book 2.  I felt like Merit is really starting to get her head on and grow into the position of Sentinel for her house as well as a bad ass chick. I am really enjoying the direction this book is headed and can't wait to start the next book. I had to give this book 4 stars.

Merit, Chicago's newest vampire, is learning how to play well with others. Other supernaturals, that is. Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit.

Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene - and to spy for the vamps while she's at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan's offering some steamy one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission.

Merit must accept the assignment even though she knows that she'll probably regret it. And she's not wrong. Someone is gunning for Gabriel Keene, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She'll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals - not least between her and a certain centuries-old green-eyed Master vampire.


Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN    Audible

4 comments:

  1. I have the first 5 books that I need to read, I seem to be saying that a lot lately...lols! smh, so many books and not enough time. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!!! I have so many books on the TBR list that sometimes it gets overwhelming, especially when its a series and by the time you get to it they are on book 5 or 6... *sigh* That is why I am so loving audiobooks right now. :)

      Delete
  2. I have the first book on my TBR pile, I can't wait to finally start it this year I might just have to give the audios a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found that a good narrator can really make or break an audiobook. I would listen to other books by Cynthia Holloway. She did a great job on really making sure that the voices of the characters were distinct and emotive.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top