Monday, March 10

Quote-Tastic: I'm Okay With That Plan.



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.


Everyone is welcome to join in: Readers, Bloggers & Authors.

Just grab the button and link back to Herding Cats and Burning Soup.


Chasing Sam by Krystal Shannan


“Maggie told you I was here.”

Guilt registered in his eyes, and all conversation at the table halted. All eyes were on Chase.

“Actually she told me.” The other man raised his hand.

Sam glanced toward him in confusion. She’d never met this other man. Why would he be looking for her? “Who are you?” She narrowed her eyes and waited.

“I’m Chris Michaels. Chase is my brother and our little sister, Maggie, is good friends with—”

“Oh my God!” Sam cut him off. “Your sister is the other Maggie!”

Chris nodded, and Chase shifted in his seat. “How do you know our sister?” Chase asked. His deep voice stroked the chords of her soul.

Sam leaned back in her seat and laughed. “I went to school with the Maggies. We all graduated together.” She glanced over at Chase. “How much older are you than your sister? I never saw either of you at the house.”

Chase flushed bright red and coughed. “The house! You were at my parents’ house?”

“Yes,” Sam answered with a smirk, loving the fact he was so surprised. “Your mom makes the best lemon cake on the planet.” She licked her lips and stifled a sigh when his gaze clamped onto her mouth.

“That she does.” Chase smiled, and she could tell he was forcing himself to relax. He laid an arm behind her along the back of the booth. “Chris and I are only five years apart, but Maggie appeared decades later and surprised Mom and Dad. Chris and I had already lived out of the house for a long time.”

Sam nodded. Her wolf had calmed a bit since Chase sat down next to her. His nearness seemed to be holding her at bay for now. It was a wonder, though, that she herself wasn’t dragging him from the booth to have her way with him right now. She wanted to strip him out of every stitch he was wearing. Dampness soaked her panties, and the surface of her skin tingled with arousal.

“I’m okay with that plan.” Her wolf snickered in the back of her mind.


I stumbled across this author when I signed up to do a book tour of another series that the author wrote. When I visited her website looking at some of the other things she had written, this series caught my eye. And I am oh so glad that I went ahead and checked it out.

Samantha Demakis doesn’t want a mate right now. She wants to finish her degree and work as a doctor in third world countries. Her birth-rite and family obligations to her status as the first daughter of a noble family beg to differ. In fact, even her wolf seems to be against her. When a chance encounter reveals the man who might just be a perfect fit, will she run? Or will she fight?

Chase Michaels has been alone for seventy-five years. He’s fought in Vietnam, the Persian Gulf, and Afghanistan in the US Army. Somewhat resigned to never finding his true mate, he is shocked when his wolf reacts so strongly to a woman he runs into in the airport. Unprepared for the politics and snobbery of the noble families, Chase finds himself fighting in a different type of war —a war for the heart of a woman he knows should be his.

A lot of things are chasing Sam, but who or what will catch her in the end?


Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN    Kobo     ARe    Smashwords

2 comments:

  1. Heh, the wolf is eager. I've heard of this author but never read her. I might have to check out this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard this was a good one...loved the quote :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top