Monday, October 13

@GoddessFish Interview: Make Me Crazy by Codi Gary


Make Me Crazy


Loco, Texas, #1
Codi Gary



Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Books With Benefits Press
Date of Publication: December 2, 2013
Number of pages: 293



Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo


Miranda “Rand” Coleman has seen the way love can wreck a person and wants absolutely no part of it. When her granddaddy dies suddenly, he leaves a clause in his will that has her married in three months or she loses her inheritance. Unwilling to give up the Double C Ranch, she starts to set her eyes towards the eligible men in town, with little luck in finding a man she can stand for a minute let alone a year. Until she sets eyes on the new veterinarian and enlists the help of her womanizing best friend, Jake, to help.

Jake Hansen is a single guy who likes his women pretty and uncomplicated, with no plans to settle down anytime soon. When he decides to help Rand hook her man, he has no idea the effect watching Rand change would have on him. Especially when she starts letting her gorgeous brown hair down and showing off a body he didn’t even know she had. Before too long, Jake isn’t just lusting after his best friend, he’s feeling downright possessive. But when it comes down to the wire, will he get over his issues and step up to the alter…or lose the only woman he was ever meant to love?
Excerpt: 
Rand pulled her hand away from him and he covered his smile with his hand as she looked surprised by the compliment. “I don’t remember.”

Tandy leaned on the table and the woman’s look was downright sultry. “Well it looks awesome on you.”

Jake blinked. The girl wasn’t being friendly. She was flirting...with Rand.

Rand seemed oblivious to Tandy’s interest. “I got it as a present for my birthday, and was going to take it back, but my granddaddy couldn’t find the receipt.”

Tandy actually batted her lashes. “Well that would have been a damn shame.”

Alright, it was funny at first but that was too much. “I’ll have the chicken enchiladas with two tacos.” Both women turned to stare at him and he focused all of his attention on Rand, “Honey, what do you want to eat?”

Rand looked back up at Tandy when she answered. “I’ll have a bean and cheese burrito with rice and beans.”

“Coming right up.” Tandy said. Her smiled faded when her gaze shifted to him, her expression downright hostile. This time he watched her walk away and turned back to Rand with wide eyes. “Did you see that?”

“You checking out our waitress?” Rand asked with false sweetness.

It was his turn to be angry. “No, the glare she sent me.”

“Right because women usually glare at you.”

Jake said very patiently, “Rand honey, I have no interest in that woman and I’m telling you, I am not her type.”

“How do you know that?” He leaned back in his seat and grinned. “Because it wasn’t me she was checking out.”
Interview: 

Today, we welcome Codi Gary to Musings and Ramblings. Let's all give a great big Geeky welcome!

Let's start with some writer specific questions before moving into the fun stuff. That way everyone can really get to know the person behind the writer. We will finish things off with round of Think Fast. Ready for the interrogation to begin?

Writing Specific

1. Is your writing style more plotter or pantser?
Pantser

2. How do you deal with Writer's Block?
Change my scenery or routine, my music, or my drink.

3. How involved are you with Social Media and self-promotion?
I love social media, but as for marketing myself and my books, I’m still learning.

4. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
I love to watch tv/movies, read, do things with my family, and…wait, when am I not writing? ;-)

5. How did you choose the genres you write in?
I love small town life, so it was just easy for me to jump into the contemporary romance genre! Not to say I don’t want to spread my wings later on….


Fun Stuff

1. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
I would love to be able to fly, because I’m afraid of heights, but if I could fly, I think I’d conquer that fear.

2. Pick two celebrities to be your parents. Who are they and why?
Kathy Bates because she is a fantastic actress who won my heart in Fried Green Tomatoes and Morgan Freeman because I love him in everything!

3. What would we find in your refrigerator right now?
Old curdled milk and spoiled food! (LOL)

4. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
Codi: A Roller Coaster Ride.


Think Fast

1. Elvis or Sinatra? Sinatra
2. AM or PM? PM
3. Italian or Chinese? Nope, can’t chose…love em both!
4. Summer or Winter? Winter!
5. Cake or Pie? Cake

Thanks for coming by and spending some time with us.

Giveaway: 

Codi will be awarding a signed copy of Make Me Crazy to a randomly drawn commenter at every stop (US ONLY) during the tour; and a Grand Prize of a $25 Amazon/BN GC plus a signed copy of Make Me Crazy (US ONLY) will be awarded to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour.

So follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning.





Book Tour Info: 
Don't forget to check out the other stops on the Book Tour:

August 4th:
Rachel Brimble Romance

September 1st: 
Katherine Givens

September 8th: 
Happily Ever After

September 22nd: 
It's Raining Books

September 29th: 
The blog of C.R. Moss

October 6th: 
Musings and Ramblings

October 20th: 
Long and Short Reviews


Author Bio:

An obsessive bookworm for twenty years, Codi Gary likes to write sexy small-town contemporary romances with humor, grand gestures, and blush-worthy moments. When she’s not writing, she can be found reading her favorite authors, squealing over her must-watch shows and playing with her children. She lives in Idaho with her family. Visit her website www.codigarysbooks.com for latest news, social media, or just to say hi!

To connect with the author online:

Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads


2 comments:

  1. LOL can't choose Italian over Chinese but the pie gets thrown under the bus. smh Always take pie AND cake. And cookies if possible. lol

    I've enjoyed Codi's books in the past. Looking forward to checking this one out too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top