Monday, May 9

Status Update AKA Why I'm Taking a Break



As I am sure some of you may have noticed, I haven't been posting/ commenting/ updating as regularly as I was. The plan was to take most of June off to rest and spend with family. I hadn't scheduled any book tours for the entire month. (I know right?!) Unfortunately, I am going to have to start the break early. I will still post everything I already have scheduled book tour wise. However all my non tour reviews are going to be put on hold for just a bit.

I have been trying cut back for a while, but just keep falling further and further behind. Cutting back is no longer cutting it. As many of you are aware, I work full time. What you don't know is that my job responsibilities changed in January when I received a lateral move. That's quite a bit of stress right there with a new-ish job. But then we weren't able to hire anyone for my old position or another open position due to a hiring freeze. Yeah, do that math, from 3 people to 1 person. Don't get me wrong, my boss has been great, but I have a very hard time admitting when I am overwhelmed. I have been trying to keep up with everything that needs to be done that I can do... And failing miserably. Now, recently to add to this, I have started getting migraines, I am sure due to stress. Something has to give, and as I still haven't won the lottery that will make me independently wealthy, the blog it is.

Blog stress including: making sure that books are read, reviews written, posts up on time, cross posting completed, comments answered, etc, etc, etc. That's quite a bit that I can cut back on. So, I am taking a break from the more scripted, plotted and planned format of the blog. I hope to continue to post my reviews, but I may be playing with things like the format and how I do them. We'll see. Right now I just want to be able to not have a scheduled blog post hanging over my head adding to the stress and the headaches that have begun to hover daily at the back of my brain.

Thanks for understanding and I hope to see you soon!

3 comments:

  1. I have a hard time admitting that I've overwhelmed too. Good for you for taking time off. You don't want to overstress yourself. I hope some time off will help you.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely you should take time off to take care of yourself! And I hope the stress at work calms down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I hope you can get some much needed rest. I think we've ALL been there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top