Monday, June 24

Quote-Tastic: Death's Whiskers



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.









“Why did you save me?”

He shrugged. “I picked up the phone and there was a hysterical child on the other end, crying that you were dying, and she was all alone, and the undead were coming. I thought it might be an interesting conclusion to a boring evening.”

Bullshit. He came because of Julie. Shapeshifters suffered from devastating child mortality, with half their children being born dead and another quarter being killed because they went loup at puberty. Like all shapeshifters, Curran cherished children and he also hated vampires. He probably figured he would kill two birds with one stone: save Julie and stick it to the People.

I frowned. “How did Julie know to call here?”

“Hit a redial button from what I understand. Smart kid. You’re going to tell me what you’ve blundered into.”

It wasn’t a question, but I determined to take it as such. “No.”

“No?”

“No.”

He crossed his arms on his chest, making his carved biceps bulge. I vividly remembered those steel-hard biceps flexing as he hoisted me up off the floor by my throat.

“You know what I like about you? You have no sense. You sit here in my house, you can barely hold a spoon, and you’re telling me ‘no.’ You’d pull on Death’s whiskers if you could reach them.”

Actually, Death wasn’t that far out of reach. If I stretched my leg, I could kick him.


Available at the following retailers: 
Amazon     B&N     Sony     Kobo


Kate has just had her first run in with the Fomorians and she gets poisoned and passes out.  When she wakes, she is in one of the Packs satellite offices being treated by Doolittle.  Curran has brought her some chicken soup and is talking with her.

Do you have a book or series that sticks in your head months, even years later?  
Check out some of the other Quote-Tastic Monday picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top