Monday, May 12

Quote-Tastic: I heard that.



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.


Everyone is welcome to join in: Readers, Bloggers & Authors.

Just grab the button and link back to Herding Cats and Burning Soup.



Alien Collective by Gini Koch


“Whatever. This is politics—things change all the time. They couldn’t swing with the new world order, so they’re going to fight it. Just know, and be sure Jeff knows, that they’re not your friends.”

“I’m sure Jeff knows already.” Barring Kramer wearing an emotional overlay or blocker, always a possibility, Jeff would have picked up the animosity ages ago. The Kramers not becoming cronies wasn’t a surprise. That we were friends with anyone from my Washington Wife class at all was the shocker. “So, I guess no help with Jenkins from that side, though. Any other political way to affect him?”

“Not really, no. He has everyone running scared. I’d normally suggest bribery, but I’ve got to figure that your enemies have more money than you and have offered him as much as he wants to get you, so that option’s out.”

“So’s killing him, right?”

“Only because it’s now going to be known that he’s after you, and if he dies right after trying to speak to you I think it’ll be suspicious.”

“I was kind of joking. You’d be okay with us killing him?”

He shrugged again. “He’s not my friend. He’s trying to hurt people I consider my friends. However, it’s not an option, so the moral quandary is over. No, what we need to have is a plan of attack to circumvent him, give him just enough right information that we can make him believe the wrong information, and figure out how to keep him more distracted by you than you are by him.”

“Piece of cake. If only we had cake.” Now I wanted cake. Fought back the overwhelming desire to ask the King of the Elves for a cupcake or two.



This book was soo good I had to use 2 quotes to show how much I love Kitty's wit and sarcasm.


“But our laws must be obeyed,” Sandy said.

No time like the present to try what Gower wanted, which was to talk, versus fight, our way out of this. “Why?”

Sandy stared at me. “What do you mean?”

“I mean ‘why?’ As in, what makes your laws so wonderful that they apply to everything, everywhere? I ask because it seems to me that, sometimes, interfering is the right thing to do. You know, like Paul interfering and coming with me, Christopher interfering and pulling us out of you, and my interfering with Mahin and telling her to let you go.”

“They are... our laws.”

“Laws, yours, yes, got it. Only, here’s the thing. In our world, when we realize that we have a law that is no longer relevant—like not being able to give a moose an alcoholic beverage if you’re in Alaska—we either ignore it, change it, or repeal it.”

“What do moose have to do with this?” Sandy asked.

“I’d like to point out that even visiting superconsciousnesses don’t get the Kittyisms,” Christopher said. Clearly he was still smarting from my getting him back. Good.

“Everyone’s a critic and I take back that ‘military genius’ compliment I gave you only a few short minutes ago. Anyway, Sandy, what I’m trying to say is that laws are, many times, meant to be broken.”

“Usually by you,” Tim said.

“I heard that.”



I have to admit that I spent most of the day reading this book, with a short break to make my mom brunch. :) (Ain't I a good daughter?) And at over 500 pages, needless to say, there wasn't a lot of time left over for other things.  I feel this mix of guilt, because I totally am behind on my books I need to get read for upcoming reviews, and total satisfaction, because this book totally rocked!!!  I totally love this series and have since I read the first book.  

Despite not having run for office, nor wanting to remain in office, Representative Jeff Martini is being wooed as the vice presidential running mate for a charismatic senator who seems likely to win the campaign. While the Diplomatic Corps has to deal with the pressures of a political campaign sure to uncover secrets they don’t want shared with the world, Ambassador Kitty Katt-Martini has other worries—handling the reemergence of her most potent nemesis, thought dead and buried.


Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN    Kobo     OmniLit

12 comments:

  1. Wait, why would someone want to give a moose an alcoholic beverage? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently in the past in must have been enough of a problem to warrant a law. There's got to be a funny story around that.

      Delete
  2. Poor moose, they need love too. I couldn't even finish the first book but so many people love this series. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a huge fan of the whole comic book turned into movie genre. I think its the whole over the top, bigger than life, aspect that gets me. Plus, I just really like it when the music is cranked up, there is a fast action sequence and stuff starts blowing up. I will take a good action movie over a chick flick everyday of the week. :)

      Delete
  3. LOL and now I want cake too! *mmmm* cupcakes. lol This one sounds great. I've seen a lot of people raving about the series and have it on my tbr list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally picked it up because of one of those yearly Goodreads voting things. I had liked every book in the genre, but hadn't read one of the ones in this series. And then when I recognized Dan Dos Santos as the cover artist, I knew I had to give it a go. Been loving Kitty ever since.

      Delete
  4. lol, She is good. :) I guess she is my favorite type of character,one that make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, Kitty keeps the one liners coming. Plus I love how irreverent and sarcastic she is.

      Delete
  5. Yep, adding the first one in the series to my list! This sounds hilarious :D
    Come see my Quote-Tastic Monday
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are a fan of comics or alien B-movies, you will enjoy this series. There have been scenes where I cried a bit, but mostly I am doing the Hells Yeah! and laughing right along with Kitty.

      Delete
  6. I love the second one...lols. and yes...now I want cake ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top