Monday, June 10

Quote-Tastic: We Need A Bigger Gun



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.











“We need a bigger gun.”



“We need a shower,” Raphael said.



“Gun first. Shower later.”


Ten minutes later I walked into the Order’s office. A group of knights standing in the hallway turned at my approach: Mauro, the huge Samoan knight; Tobias, as usual dapper; and Gene, the seasoned former Georgia Bureau of Investigations detective. They looked at me. The conversation died.

My clothes were torn and bloody. Soot stained my skin. My hair stuck out in clumps caked with dirt and blood. The reek of a dead cat emanated from me in a foul cloud.

I walked past them into the armory, opened the glass case, took Boom Baby out, grabbed a box of Silver Hawk cartridges, and walked out.

Nobody said a thing.



Available at the following retailers: 
Amazon     B&N     Sony     Kobo


This scene is right after Andrea and Raphael have smeared dead cat carcass all over themselves to disguise their scent and sneak up on a Cereberus the size of house with burning spit and kill it. They manage to kill the giant 3 headed dog, but then the magic wave hits and it completely regenerates. 



Do you have a book or series that sticks in your head months, even years later?   


Check out some of the other Quote-Tastic Monday picks.

4 comments:

  1. I love Ilona Andrews' books. That is a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack eeewwwww! Haven't read this one yet. You're so making me realize I've been a total bad fan girl and missed a lot! lol Love that it's named Boom Baby. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait until you read just what exactly Boom Baby is. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun flipping through looking for the something that set just the right tone. LOL. I just adored the whole book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top