Monday, September 9

Quote-Tastic: They don't make a habit of eating people.



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.










“What do you think about this one?” I held the slinky red dress along my body and squinted into the mirror.


Carol stepped back and ran a practiced eye over the outfit. “It’s nice. But do you want to show up to a dragon party wearing the color of blood?”

“Dragon blood is purple.”

“But the blood of their prey is not!”

I waved away her concern. “Unless it’s accidental, they don’t make a habit of eating people.”



Available at the following retailers: 
Amazon     BN     Sony     Kobo


I reviewed this book a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.  In this quote, Myrna has been invited to the local Dragon Lord's estate and is shopping for an appropriate dress with her best friend Carol. 



Do you have a book or series that sticks in your head months, even years later?   



Check out some of the other Quote-Tastic Monday picks.

10 comments:

  1. Accidental or not, wearing blood red to a dragon party is probably not smart. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quote. I love the last line. I have seen this around blogs but have yet to read it. Might have to bump it up on my TBR list.

    Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like it!! I've been crushing for a dragon book lately, I'm off to check it out! Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::snort:: that is so my type of book. I have it on my ever growing tbr list b/c of your review a bit back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, she ends up wearing a pretty green in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember, it rarely happens... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed it. I did a review on it recently, if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was most definitely a unique take on the dragon genre. I haven't read anything quite like it before. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Anna. :) I figure its only fair. You have added plenty to my list! *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top