Sunday, May 25

Audiobook Review: The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton



I have been having such a great time looking for new reads to listen to and have on the hunt for things that looked interesting when I came across The Redhead Series by Alice Clayton. I read Wallbanger and loved it. Which of course meant that I would either love or hate then next thing I read by the author. When I saw the series, I figured "What the Hell?" and went ahead and grabbed the series. I am so glad that I did.

Grace Sheridan is 33 years old and back in Hollywood to give acting another shot.  She had been chewed up and spit out 10 years prior, went back home to the midwest, back to school, and got a "real" job. It's not until some friends take her to see the musical Rent for her birthday that she realizes how much she still wanted the dream she gave up on. So she started working towards getting back to that dream.

Her best friend since college, Holly, had originally moved to LA near the same time as Grace, but went into management.  She remained in LA and rose up the ranks to become one of the top managers for new talent.  When Grace decided to move back and give her dream another go, Holly invited her to stay with her until she got settled in.  The story opens with Grace trying desperately to pull the zipper on the skin tight badass jeans that Holly had talked her into buying. Holly is throwing a party to celebrate her new management company and Grace felt that she needed the mind set the jeans would give her.

It's at this party that Grace meets Jack Hamilton. Jack is 24, British, and getting ready to become a break out star due to a movie that will be releasing soon based on a serial story published in women's magazines about a time traveling scientist. A very hot, sexy scientist in a very hot, sexy story.  When Grace and Jack meet, they totally hit it off.

The amount of witty banter and sexy give and take was fabulous, plus the smexy scenes were OMG! hot. At one point while listening to this on the way to work, I had to pull the car off the road because I was laughing too hard to drive.  Grace is that funny, spontaneous, no filters, let-it-all-hang-out-there person that we all secretly wish we could pull off.  I loved being in Grace's head.  She had some of the funniest conversations arguing with her inner self.  Plus, the sarcasm.  Loved it!

Keili Lefkovitz did a great job with Grace. When I first started listening, I was a bit disappointed that there weren't specific voices for each character. I admit that I was looking forward to Jack's British tones. But after a bit, I found that she did such a great job on emoting for Grace and showing us the world through Grace's eyes and thoughts that I really didn't miss the British. It felt like I was Grace's best friend and she was sharing her story with me.  I wasn't watching this unfold from a distance. I was right there living it with her. Basically it boils down to this. I loved this book, from start to finish. Totally a 5 star read.
WATCH OUT, HOLLYWOOD!

Grace Sheridan is back. Ten years after discovering that looks and talent are a dime a dozen in Los Angeles, she's wriggling into a pair of badass jeans and ready to show the film industry that there's way more to her than just a head of gorgeous red curls. And Hollywood's newest Brit super-hunk Jack Hamilton certainly sees a lot to like. Grace is trying to restrain herself from jumping a man who is nearly a decade her junior, but Jack is making it clear that he personally has zero problems with that idea.

While Grace and Jack are still swapping innuendo-loaded quips and text sex though, the paparazzi have caught up with them, headlining the "unidentified redhead"; who's been photographed trysting at a restaurant with the heartthrob of the year. Now Grace is in stuck in a double bind. She's head over heels in lust with Jack, but there's her own career to think of as well. A sizzling romance with the newest "it" boy may garner her industry attention... but is it the kind of attention she’s always dreamed of?


Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN    Audible

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read enough sexy books this year and definitely not enough funny protagonists besides Charley Davidson. I'll have to put this on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this series has had plenty of the funny and the sexy. It really took me by surprise how much I enjoyed it.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top