Tuesday, December 2

Review: I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas by Molly Harper


I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas

Half Moon Hollow, #2.7
Molly Harper


Genre: Paranormal
Publisher: Pocket Star
Date of Publication: November 17, 2014
Number of pages: 132



Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     ARe     eBooks


Experience the vampire world for the holidays through the eyes of Gigi Scanlon in this e-novella prequel to The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire from beloved paranormal romance author Molly Harper!

College co-ed Gigi is headed home to Half-Moon Hollow for her first Christmas since her sister, Iris, was turned into a vampire by her beloved undead husband, Cal. Iris is working overtime to make this holiday as normal and special as possible. After all, it’s taken her months of working with Jane Jameson and the Hollow’s vampires to convince herself that she won’t bite her baby sister on sight.

Gigi has her own worries. She’s falling out of love with her high school sweetheart, Ben, and has no idea how to tell him. She’s got a secret job interview with terrifying teen Council official, Ophelia Lambert. And there’s a handsome but cagey vampire following her around town and then disappearing before Gigi can confirm that he’s not, in fact, a figment of her fertile imagination. Holidays with family are complicated. Christmas with an undead family can be downright dangerous.

Molly Harper's Jane Jameson and Half Moon Hollow series have quickly become one of my favorites.  So when I saw this little gem on Netgalley, I was quick to put in my request.  Imagine my surprise in finding out that it was released last year to audible for free.  *massive chagrin* How did I miss this?  I was just starting my audiobooks this time last year and this would have been a perfect fit.

This novella is the story of Gigi, the younger sister to Iris, who's story is The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires, the first book in the Half Moon Hollow spin off from the Jane Jameson series.  This is both a great Holiday read as well as a stepping stone for Gigi to really be of age in her very own full length novel, The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire due out in March.

The entire gang is present, everyone from Jane herself to Gabriel, Andrea, Dick Cheney, and even Zeb makes a brief appearance. Though at the heart of this story it's about the sisters, Gigi and Iris, and their changing bond. I have come to know and love all these unique characters, and they never fail to make me laugh. Though this was a brief novella, and probably not absolutely necessary to enjoy the next book. It was great fun and I gave it 3 stars.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know. I wonder how it never hit the radar. I'm normally better on the ball than that.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series before but I've read her other books. I don't know how this one slipped by me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with Molly Harper after reading And One Last Thing. I laughed so hard I cried during that book. Then I went into the Naked Werewolves and Jane Jameson. I keep meaning to read her Bluegrass series, but haven't managed it yet.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

back to top